Known as the “Immortal Health Elixir” by the Chinese and originating in the Far East around 2,000 years ago, kombucha is a beverage with tremendous health benefits extending to your heart, your brain and (especially) your gut. How does this ancient drink make such a huge difference in your body? Due to the fermentation process involved in creating kombucha, it contains a large number of healthy bacteria known as probiotics. These bacteria line your digestive tract and support your immune system, as they absorb nutrients and fight infection and illness. Since 80 percent of your immune system is located in your gut, and the digestive system is the second largest part of your neurological system, it’s no surprise that the gut is considered the “second brain.” Drinking kombucha every day can help you to maintain peak immune health, which trickles down into an impressive number of benefits for your overall health.
1. Green Tea
Recent studies have found that people who are drinking green tea on a regular basis can keep them away from the problem of stroke and cardiovascular diseases. Green tea is enriched with antioxidants called catechins and polyphenols, which can keep you away from heart problem as well as cell damage. Try to add green tea to your diet because it will boost your metabolism and will also improve your heart health.
2. Beans Pulses or beans are best superfoods for heart health. They include kidney, pinto and black beans. These all pulses contain fiber which is best for lowering LDL cholesterol and keep you away from the heart problem. These all beans are easily accessible at grocery stores and inexpensive as well.
3. Fatty Fish There are several fishes which are enriched with omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, herring, lake trout, anchovies, mackerel and sardines. Omega-3 fatty acids assist in lowering hazard of atherosclerosis (build-up of plaque in arteries), arrhythmia (unbalanced heart beat) and triglycerides. Try to eat these fishes 1-2 times in a week to prevent you from diseases like heart failure, risk of stroke and high blood pressure. Folks can also intake fish oil supplements which are readily available at medical stores.
4. Potatoes Majority of the people believe that potatoes are rich in calories but it is not true. Potatoes are enriched with potassium, B vitamins, folic acid, calcium, and fiber. This vegetable is helpful in reducing blood pressure. Moreover, it also decreases the risk of stroke and heart disease. Always cook potatoes along with skin in order to get maximum nutrients. Its skin has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. You can add this vegetable in different dishes, pasta, and cream.
5. Dark Chocolate Different studies have proved that eating dark chocolates will assist in reducing the risk of stroke and heart attack. Dark chocolate is loaded with high quantity of flavonoids which is known as polyphenols that assists in treating inflammation, clotting, improper blood circulation and high blood pressure. So those individuals who are consuming dark chocolate can keep them away from all these diseases.
6. Chia Seeds Chia seeds comprises of omega-3 fatty acids which is good for all human beings, especially for heart patients. Omega-3 fatty acids assist in lowering the peril of abnormal heart rhythms and also decrease triglycerides in the blood. This food is also enriched with soluble fiber, protein, antioxidants, iron, calcium, magnesium and minerals.
7. Berries and citrus fruits There are many berries like strawberries, acai berries, blueberries, etc. All these berries are excellent superfoods for heart health. The flavonoids, found in these berries, help in lowering blood pressure, maintain blood circulation as well as expand your blood vessels. Blueberries and strawberries are enriched with high levels of compound that could avert plaque buildup as well as help in widening arteries throughout the body. Citrus fruits like grapefruit and oranges are high in vitamin C which helps in lowering your cholesterol level and heart disease.
Wellness Suites Weston
1348 SW 160th Ave 33326 FL